PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor and is a server-side language. This means that the script is run on your web server, not on the user's browser, so you do not need to worry about compatibility issues. PHP is relatively new (compared to languages such as Perl (CGI) and Java) but is quickly becoming one of the most popular scripting languages on the internet.
- FREE OF COST (Open Source): No need to purchase any software.
- CAPABLE: It can be used to design any type of website and can handle Website's with a lot of traffic. Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia and many other very widely visited websites use it as their framework. And because it is server-side scripting, it can do anything that other CGI programs can do.
- PLATFORM INDEPENDENT: It can be run on all major operating systems like Linux, UNIX, Mac OS and Windows.
- SUPPORTS ALL MAJOR WEB SERVERS: It supports all major web servers like Apache, Microsoft IIS, Netscape, personal web server, iplanet server, etc.
- SUPPORTS ALL MAJOR DATABASES
- FASTER DEVELOPMENTS